Re: Top 10 IDL Requests

Benno Puetz wrote:
> Of the top of my head:
>
> Color support in PS output (for PLOT and the like).
>
> I haven't counted the hours spent editing those files manually...

As far as I know, the only restriction on the 'PS' device is that you
can't specify decomposed 24-bit colors (24-bit *images* can be displayed
however). Even this restriction can be side-stepped by using the
'PRINTER' device (which supports decomposed color) and selecting a
PostScript color printer.

Can you give us an example where IDL is not providing the color support
you require?

Cheers,
Liam.
http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/~gumley