[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Unix->Mac transition
- Subject: Re: Unix->Mac transition
- From: Struan Gray <struan.gray(at)sljus.lu.se>
- Date: 18 Jul 2000 16:17:22 GMT
- Distribution: world
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: This line intentionally left bland
- References: <39747176.71FD39C8@seadas.bigelow.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:20294
Ben Tupper, firstname.lastname@example.org writes:
> Any suggestions welcome.
1. use Fetch to do the ftp transfer. It's well behaved, doesn't
try to be 'helpful' behind your back and works nicely when
backgrounded by other applications without crashing. It can set the
file type/creator correctly (TEXT/MIDL).
2. use BBEdit Lite to do a global switch of CR to CRLF
Both programs are free and widely available on the net. Ask if
you have trouble tracking them down.
For single files you should be able to open them manually from
within IDL and "Save As" to get something which opens by double
clicking. A royal pain with a whole library though.