Re: Input line too long???

Hi David,
I played with your example and I think I have a solution. The input
buffer limitation is only in effect if you read formatted. I made a file
by repeating your example line 2000 times, obtaining 10000 element line.
Each record in your line is 8 bytes long, including a space. Try reading
unformatted and it works perfectly:

; Make fake data file with 1 line
; with 10000 data entries and open it.
openr, unit, 'test.txt', /get_lun
; Since you know the number of data points, make X:
x = strarr(10000)
; Fill X with 8 byte strings.
x[*] = '12345678'
readu, unit, x

Now you can convert X into float and use it.
Cheers,
Pavel