Re: convert_coord problem

Hello,

it sounds like you are using direct graphics.

The CONVERT_COORD function makes the conversions using the scaling factors in
!X .Sand !Y.S from the _most_recent_ plot.   So the conversion will work
properly in the most recent plot, but it will produce garbage for any of the
earlier ones.   You could do a couple of things to get around this limitation.

(1) Save the values !X.S and !Y.S for each plot window (these are originally
stored after the graphic command that sets up the coordinate system for each
window.)

   Win1_XS = !X.S   &   Win1_YS = !Y.S
   Win2_XS = !X.S   &    Win2_YS = !Y.S

Later, when a mouse event arrives, assign the appropriate values to !X.S and
!Y.S and make the neccessary conversions.   So if an event arrives from window
2

   !X.S = WidgetInfoStructure.Win1_XS
   !Y.S = WidgetInfoStructure.Win2_YS

    DataCoord = CONVERT_COORD(Event.X, Event.Y,/Device,/To_Data)

(2)  You could save the values of !X.S and !Y.S and write your own conversion
routine using the conversion formulas described in the online help.  (See
Coordinate Conversion for Direct Graphics)

(3) You might check out Liam Gumley's Frame Tools (you can find them through
David Fanning's links web page.)  I don't know if these tools will solve your
problem, but it sounds like the might help.

Ben

--
Ben Tupper
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Science