Using IDL to solve moving boundary problems

We are considering developing an application it which we model a
physical process at a material surface boundary.  The unique feature of
this problem is that as the process proceeds, the surface boundary will
move. It terms of finite gridding, this gid has a moving boundary.

Has anybody used IDL solve PDEs on a moving boundary?

Just thought I better check first to make sure nothing is out there. So
far, it doesn't seem as though any of the tool boxes available for
MATLAB can either.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

thanks-Peter Brooker