Re: Memory limited to 128 MB on DEC Alpha

I think this comes up every once in a while on the newsgroup.  The
first thing I suggest is for you to check your process limits.  For
csh and tcsh you can type "limit" and you will get something like
this:

datasize        131072 kbytes

Ahah!  Only 128 MB available for use.  This is so that a Johnny Random
user can't go wild and use all the memory by default.  But this is
what you want to do.

The solution is to remove the limits with the command "limit datasize
unlimited".  You will need to exit and restart IDL for this to take
effect.

Craig