Re: Top 10 IDL Requests

Paul van Delst <pvandelst@ncep.noaa.gov> writes:

> I'm not disputing anything you said - I agree with you all the way
> (hence my attempt and WPLOT result), but at the end of the day I want to
> be able to say
>
> PLOT, x, y
>
> and have the graphics window pop up as usual but with a toolbar with
> "Output to Printer" or "Output to PostScript" buttons. I click on either
> and the appropriate action is taken.

I agree.  There needs to be a simple way to get from an on-screen
rendering to a printer rendering without retyping all the commands,
and with reasonable print quality.

My XFWINDOW program is/was a hack, but it shows that what is really
needed in IDL is a way to capture the graphics commands internally.
Then a user-level program can be used to re-render it to the printer.

Craig