Re: Top 10 IDL Requests

> On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Jeff Guerber wrote:
>
>    12) Something like "_extra=", but which does _not_ override keywords
> explicitly specified on the call line; "_default=", perhaps.

I think the way you want _extra to work is the way it *should* work and I
don't think it would break too much code if it *did* work that way. So I
don't support "_default".

I raised this with RSI support some time ago and they said they'd look into
it. It all depends on how on the order in which IDL handles duplicate tags
in structures (at least that's what I remember thinking the last time I
thought about it, but that was a long time ago and I may have become
confused in my old age).

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield@niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield/
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research
PO Box 14-901, Wellington, New Zealand