[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Sound in IDL
- Subject: Re: Sound in IDL
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 07:54:36 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:20691
Jörg Schliwa (firstname.lastname@example.org) writes:
> Is there a possibility to make a sound signal in IDL, e.g. to make 'bing'
> when a calculation has finishid? I couldn't find any hint in the IDL-help.
On UNIX systems you can try this:
IDL> Print, String(7B)
On PCs, you can try this:
This goes "beep", rather than "bing", of course. But
maybe you could get used to it. :-)
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: email@example.com
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155