[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
transparent GIF pixels
- Subject: transparent GIF pixels
- From: Kenneth Mankoff <mankoff(at)lasp.colorado.edu>
- Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:46:32 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Colorado, Boulder
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:20758
Is it possible to create transparent pixels?
It appears from the help that you can, but only when you write png's to
disk. I have tried this and have been unsuccessful.
Anyways, i want to do it in a situation where i don't write and immediatly
read just to get my transparencies. I would like to make them transparent
while the image is in memory. And i would prefer gifs, not png's.
thanks for any clues or pointers.