Re: Scaling atoms & axes in object graphics

I must be really dumb but I don't understand how approach B is going to
work. If axes ranges and data plots ranges are not normalized to screen
coordinate scale, how are they going to show up on the normal scale with
the axes? All my trial-and-error experience says it is not going to
work. Or at least I'll say I don't know how to make it work without
normalizing :-(
Anyway, I meant to say a track of plot components will still be needed,
IMHO, for zooming (so that all of them are expanded or contracted) or
for adding and deleting components while preserving the scale, so that
the one with the largest range fits into the window. For that, I used
two Container objects - one for Plots, another for Axes. Then, its easy
to scale the needed components.
Maybe I am not fully plugged in on this, but I see but one general way
of doing universal plot displaying (simple, not fly-through or something fancy).
Cheers,
Pavel

Mark Hadfield wrote:

> In the last few days I have been reconsidering my approach to building up
> scientific graphs in object graphics. By "scientific graphs" I mean a wide
> class of graphs in which data are represented geometrically in association
> with axes in 1, 2 or 3 dimensions. (This doesn't rule out the possibility
> that some aspects of the data are represented non-geometrically, e.g. by
> colour.) I am weighing the pros and cons of two different ways of handling
> scaling. Perhaps newsgroup readers would like to comment.

Snip - snip