Re: digitize a curve from an image

It's not any IDL program, but check out g3data at:

http://www.physics.helsinki.fi/~frantz/software/g3data.html

It should do what you want.  It looks like it was mainly written for Linux
but it will probably compile under most Unix platforms if you have gtk
installed.  I have compiled it for IRIX 6.5

Hope that helps,

--Mike

In article <399D1679.CE7E5633@Risoe.DK>,
Kristian Kjær <Kristian.Kjaer@Risoe.DK> wrote:
>I have a gif file (B/W only, no greys or colours) showing a line graph.
>Now I would like to get hold of the x,y arrays represented by the curve.
>Has anyone written something to do that already?
>The coordinate axes are a little skewed in the image (originally
>scanned).
>
>Thanks for any help, Kristian
>Kristian Kjær, Physics Dept., Risø Natl. Laboratory, Denmark

Michael Chinander                                  University of Chicago
m-chinander@uchicago.edu    (773)834-5101 (Voice)    (773)702-0371 (Fax)