Modal widgets and Sending Events

Hello,

This question may be one of those that is best answered with 'Just
Because', but here goes...

I have a widget application (call it MYWIDGET) from which I send events
to other widgets in the calling routine (via Widget_Control, ExternalID,
Send_Event = {EVENTSTRUCTURE}).  The procedure is modeled after David's
xCOLORS procedure.

I have noticed that when the TLB of MYWIDGET has the MODAL keyword set
to 1, the events are accumulated until I exit  MYWIDGET.  After exiting,
these events all come bubbling through to the event handler specified by
ExternalID.   However, if the MODAL keyword is set to 0, the events are
sent to the handler as they are generated by the user's actions in
MYWIDGET.

Even though I can control the behavior (so the application does what I
want it to), this experience exposes one of my numerous widget
weaknesses: to me, XMANAGER is a black box shrouded by a dense fog in
the late hours of the night.   So here's the question, how does XMANAGER
know an event is internal to the MYWIDGET application as opposed to the
faked events that I send to a widget created outside the widget
application?

Thanks,

Ben
--