[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Writing to ASCII files
- Subject: Writing to ASCII files
- From: Jasmeet Judge <jjudge(at)indiana.edu>
- Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 23:28:43 -0500
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Indiana University, Bloomington
- Reply-To: jjudge(at)indiana.edu
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:20998
I just started reading this newsgroup. I found out
about its existence after 6 yrs of IDL-use on UNIX!! I never
could write an ascii file with columns of no.s from IDL.
I have two specific qs. regarding this:
1. When I use printf (and even writeu), it gives me
non-sensible results. Here is what I am doing
some loop with i
What I would like is:
Instead, I get some unreadable jargon (I guess it is writing
binary?). Is there a way to do this in IDL?
2. Is there a way to open a file to write (with openw) but have
it keep appending data at the end of file with every call to printf?
It would simplify my life considerably, if I can figure this
out! I have avoided dealing with this for too long....
Thanks so much for your help,