IDLgrROI and normalized coords

Hi,
Is IDLgrROI insensitive to *coord_conv keywords? I tried to set them to
all kinds of things, but nothing seems to make the object to actually
use the conversion. I checked the object and the *coord_conv do get set,
but displaying does not change at all.
What I mean is this. Unless I pass the X and Y arrays to it only as
normalized data, the IDLgrROI gets displayed properly no matter what the
settings of *coord_conv are. If I pass the data in data coordinates, and
set the *coord_conv keywords (just like for the rest of object graphics
atoms), the ROI object seems to ignore the scaling and displays just as
it would if *coord_conv were all set to [0, 1], i.e., if the data values
are >1, they disappear from the screen.
I would appreciate any advice (preferably leading to the answer :-).
Sincerely,
Pavel