Re: landscape plots

Stuart Colley wrote:
> I tried using the /Landscape keyword to produce a Landscape plot when
> using the PS device, since the default is portrait.  When viewing the
> resulting .ps file with ghostview, the ghostview window is changed to be
> landscape rather than portrait, but the plot is totally screwed up.  Only
> about 5% of the image (image is a mixture of Plot and Tv) is in the
> window, and from what I can see of the image, it appears that it has been
> rotated through 180 degrees.
>
> Is there anything else I must do other than set /Landscape when using
> Device?

Displaying an image with plot overlays in PostScript Landscape mode is
so fiendishly difficult with TV that I wouldn't even try it. I'd use
IMDISP instead, which is designed to do this sort of thing
automatically, e.g.

set_plot, 'PS'
device, /landscape, /color, bits=8, filename='myimage.ps'
imdisp, dist(256), /axis, title='Frequency Distribution'
device, /close_file

Check out the source code at
http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/~gumley/imdisp.html

Cheers,