[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
how to control contour label position ?
- Subject: how to control contour label position ?
- From: vetoulis(at)aurelius.bu.edu (&Ggr;&igr;&ohacgr;&rgr;&ggr;&ogr;&sfgr; &Bgr;&egr;&tgr;&ogr;&uacgr;&lgr;&eegr;&sfgr;)
- Date: 29 Sep 2000 18:38:15 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Boston University
- Reply-To: vetoulis(at)bu.edu
- User-Agent: slrn/0.9.5.7 (UNIX)
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:21585
I am generating contour plots and I am using the "levels" and "c_annotation"
parameters. However because I need to superimpose other objects over the
contour plot, I need to move the labels from where IDL is placing them.
A better description would be to "slide" them along the contour, to places
where they will not conflict with the other elements in the plot.
I am not asking for an automatic way, but I would imagine there might be
a variable that measures length along a contour. For that matter, how
does IDL decide where to place each label on its contour?
Thanks for any help!