[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: 3D Visualization
- Subject: Re: 3D Visualization
- From: "Larry Ashim" <kashim(at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:41:33 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: EarthLink Inc. -- http://www.EarthLink.net
- References: <ZDjF5.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:21727
No, this is not what I want.
I am looking for a technique that truly varies color with depth from the
Any other hints out there?
Struan Gray <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> Larry Ashim, email@example.com writes:
> > Is there any better way to do this
> > visualization using IDL?
> If you are just doing simple depth-cueing (linear fade with
> distance) it is built in to the object graphics display routines.
> Just turn it on and objects will fade to the background colour
> at a rate determined by a simple pair of parameters. See the
> manual for IDLgrView for further details.