Problems Compiling Projects

Hello,

I am having trouble compiling source code I have included into an IDL
project file.  The individual files compile just fine.  But when I
generate a new project, add the files to the project, and then try to
compile, I get an error message for each file.  Its as if the project is
recognizing parts of the file path as a source file.  When I open the
individual files they compile by themself just fine.  I have gone
through the manuals and I am doing exactly what they say.  This is IDL
5.3.1 under Windows 98.

Any suggestions as to what subtle 'feature' I have missed.

Thanks,

Tom Price