[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: NO MORE GIF READ OR WRITE IN IDL 5.4
- Subject: Re: NO MORE GIF READ OR WRITE IN IDL 5.4
- From: Andrew <noymer(at)my-deja.com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:55:01 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Deja.com - Before you buy.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:21822
Why not use PNG?
according to http://www.rsinc.com/IDL/whatsnew.cfm
PNG support is included in 5.4. In my experience (which is
limited) PNG is just as good as GIF and is, of course,
unencumbered by the LZW compression patent crap.
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.