[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: NO MORE GIF READ OR WRITE IN IDL 5.4
- Subject: Re: NO MORE GIF READ OR WRITE IN IDL 5.4
- From: Paul Woodford <woodford(at)us.net>
- Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:50:08 -0400
- Mail-Copies-To: poster
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Essex Corporation
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- User-Agent: MT-NewsWatcher/3.0 (PPC)
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:21838
In article <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Andrew <email@example.com>
> In my experience (which is
> limited) PNG is just as good as GIF and is, of course,
> unencumbered by the LZW compression patent crap.
In my experience, PNG is much better than GIF. PNG supports 24-bit
color; GIF does not. PNG also produces smaller files than GIF.
Paul Woodford, Ph.D.
For faster email response, replace us dot net with essexcorp dot com