Re: NO MORE GIF READ OR WRITE IN IDL 5.4

"Mark C." <mychan@petro-canada.ca> writes:

> Any suggestions on:
>
> 1) Alternatives if one wants to create GIF files here after?
>
> 2) Has any one use other formats in IDL which will yield equal or better
> quality results to that of GIF?

One possibility, on Unix, is to output some other format and use the
NetPBM tools to convert to GIF.  But that sucks.  I make loads of GIFs
for an internal web page, so it sucks a lot.  How is it that the
"premiere" image manipulation program can't do GIF?

I like Ed Santiago's suggestion of trying the old idl_gif DLMs to see
if they work.  Has anybody tried it?

Craig