Re: Double tickmark annotations

Craig Markwardt (craigmnet@cow.physics.wisc.edu) writes:

> And in case it wasn't obvious, this was an attempt at sarcasm.  I
> found it ironic that several "ticks" questions had been discussed in
> the same day.  No offense intended.

We really need to come up with a standard sarcasm glyph.
I propose we form an ad hoc committee at the IDL Expert
Programmer's Association annual meeting Friday, Oct 31st
to come up with something. (Those of you who have been
invited know where it is being held, of course.)

In case you are wondering, the date of our annual
meeting was chosen to coincide with the general
craziness of All Hollow's Eve. The thinking being that
maybe we could save a little bail money this year
and put it toward a project to document all the
platform-specific features of IDL. :-)