Re: US County Maps

Brandon Ely wrote:

> I attempting to find an easy way of overlaying the county borders on to the
> US state maps. If anyone has any good suggestions or a county map file that
> we could use, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for all the
> info.

Do you need all 50 states, or just one?  Try searching around on

http://www.gisdatadepot.com/catalog/US/datalist.html

They may have county borders in shapefile (ArcView) format.  Then, depending on
your version of IDL, you can use these diectly, or translate them into
something ASCII based like DXF and read them in.  Good luck -