Active X with Excel VBA

I am trying Active X (I appologize in advance ;) for the first time with
IDL 5.3 on Windows NT.

Basically I am attempting to run an example shown in the v.5 External
Development Guide book (pgs. 39-43). However, the example is for regular
Visual Basic and since I don't have access to that, I am using VBA with
Excel 97 (I know it keeps getting worse.;)

The first problem I encountered was that VBA didn't recognize the
Form_Load function. So I changed this to UserForm_Activate and the
function then was recognized on start up.

The next problem involves the lines that contain "hWnd". Namely,

n = IDLDrawWidget1.InitIDL(Form1.hWnd)
IDLDrawWidget1.SetOutputWnd(IDL_Output_Box.hWnd)

I get the following error while hWnd is highlighted:

Compile error: Method or data member not found.

I'm not sure what the problem is. I successfully added the
IDLDrawWidget Control 2.0 component and VBA seems to recognize the
methods and properties.

I know most of you don't want to deal with Active X and I don't blame
you. However, I'm curious to see if I can get this experiment to work
before I delve into using Active X with IDL and LabView.

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

- Eric Frans

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.