Re: IDL Bug? (Re: include files in IDL programs)

Doug Reynolds (dsreyn@ll.mit.edu) writes:

> It turns out that this problem isn't unique to structure definitions - the
> Solaris version of IDL doesn't match routine names containing uppercase
> letters.  For example, I defined two routines called searchTest.pro and
> searchtest.pro:

No, any time IDL is looking for file names automatically,
it always assumes all lowercase characters. It does this
*specifically* so these programs will run on UNIX machines.

If you hope to write programs that run in a cross-platform
environment, you always use lowercase characters and give
the files three letter extensions when you name them.