Re: IDL under PPCLinux?

PPC Linux is basically RedHat 6.x Linux for the mac...  I would compile it
myself if the source were out there ;)  In short, I doubt it would be much
work for the people at RSI to make it work, alas over the past months I
have noticed a considerable degradation in the sales contacts at RSI.  It
*used* to be that when you mailed info@rsi.com that your questions were
promptly answered... for $1500+ a license I would have thought this would
still be the case!  Alas, I (like many others) am now actively looking for
alternatives to IDL.  We have a departmental site-license for 5.3 which I
will continue to use for initial development until I find an alternative
however I will not be encouraging an upgrade in the near future.  What I
need is software which I can afford to run in our department and on the
road.  The platform issue is of some concern as well:  I would like to see
more Linux platforms supported (including PPC Linux).

Randall