Re: lego tiled image (how to make?)

Hello,

What you describe sounds very much like what I do with Liam Gumley's IMDISP
procedure.  You may control all of the behaviors you now control with the
SHADE_SURF commands.  Soemthing like the following:

IMDISP, merged, Out_Pos = Pos
 (if you need to check for NANs then switch in BYTSCL(merged,/NAN) for merged
above)

PLOT, lonbins,latbins, Position = Pos, /NoErase

You might need to fiddle with the plot command keywords to get the axes to fit
you data range.

Look for Liam's procedure at http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/~gumley

Ben

--