Re: It costs how much?!!?!

i received word from IDL product manager some time ago that as of 5.4, RSI
were giving the student version the ass.  As they should - array size
limitation.  hoh!  Instead, an "academic" version for US$495 would be
introduced.  Of course this is still out of reach for grad students in
say, Australia, where this translates to AUD$950 on account of investor
obsession with US markets.

Bill - if you're a linux user, you may try PyDL (plug).

http://nickbower.com/computer/pydl/