[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Object Graphics+Win2k+nVidia Lockups
- Subject: Object Graphics+Win2k+nVidia Lockups
- From: Rick Towler <rtowler(at)u.washington.edu>
- Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 09:59:16 -0800
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: The University of Washington
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:22402
Is anybody using object graphics on a Win2k machine with an nVidia based
graphics card? If so, are you experiencing frequent lockups? IDL will
lock up but I will still have mouse control. Then if I click on another
application the machine locks up tight. I am assuming that this is a
display driver issue at this point.
This occurs regularly with my current application. I have a 125x125
textured surface object "sea floor" and if I just fly around long enough
I lock up. That's before I populate the scene with fish.
The application does run on our sun, but without a powerful graphics
adapter is unusable in real time. :(
Any nVidia users out there?