[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
postscript file sizes
- Subject: postscript file sizes
- From: Stuart Colley <src(at)star.ucl.ac.uk>
- Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:15:25 +0000
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University College London
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:22583
Lets say one has a huge array of data to print, you open the the PS
device, TV the data (scaled to fit the whole page), then close the device
and print the data. The PostScript file is HUGE. So I thought about
rebinning the data to make the resulting PS file smaller.
Working sort of backwards, presumably there must be some limit whereby
making your array/PS file bigger does not result in a better quality image
when you actually print it. Anyone know how to determine this limit?