Re: dumb surface plot question

Karl Young (kyoung@itsa.ucsf.edu) writes:

> I have a routine that calls the surface routine to plot stack plots of
> NMR spectra. I got it to work just by fiddling around and stumbling on
> the /horizontal keyword. The problem I'm now having is that this no
> longer works in IDL 5.4 because apparently IDL has changed what it calls
> "perpendicular to the line of sight", i.e. now the plots are done with
> lines going through all the spectra, rather than with lines drawn
> through the individual spectra. This seems like it must be trivial to
> fix, but for the life of me I can't seem to get surface to draw the
> orthogonal lines (and I don't want to change the axes in all my code
> that calls this routine if I don't have to). Has anybody come across
> this problem and come up with a solution ? Thanks for any tips.

Humm. I don't see any changes in behavior between IDL 5.3 and
IDL 5.4, but have you tried my XSURFACE program? That will
give you the opportunity to do with "horizontal" or "vertical"
lines. In fact, to start out with vertical lines you can do
this:

   XSurace, data, Style=4

You can find XSURFACE here:

   http://www.dfanning.com/programs/xsurface.pro