Re: uh

suburbanwashout@aol.com (Suburban Washout) writes:
> Image maps are bitches.

Perhaps not.  I'm not clear whether this is a troll or not, but I'll
give it a shot.

You can download PLOTIMAGE which will do this fairly simply.  If you
have a single channel image, then it may be as simple as this:

plotimage, img, range=[min(img), max(img)]

Better yet, this should work for the screen and for printed output.
It works just like any other PLOT command.  Liam Gumley has a
procedure called IMDISP which is similar.  My PLOTIMAGE is better at
placing and manipulating axes, but we compete on this.

Craig

Web page is here:  http://cow.physics.wisc.edu/~craigm/idl/idl.html