[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
TextoIDL Broken and Gone?
- Subject: TextoIDL Broken and Gone?
- From: Nick Bower <bowern(at)ses.curtin.edu.au>
- Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 23:17:45 +0800
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Curtin University of Technology
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:22964
Check this out. TextoIDL v1.2 won't do subscripts with IDL 5.3:
IDL> print, textoidl("\theta_i")
% Detected at: TRANSLATE_SUB_SUPER 281
% Type conversion error: Unable to convert given STRING to Long.
...a dozen of the above errors...
% Detected at: TRANSLATE_SUB_SUPER 288
This is probably a trivial error, but I can't be bothered trying to
source it and instead tried to find a textoIDL homepage to look for a
newer version, but unfortunately everyone links to
ftp://coma.berkeley.edu/pub/mcraig/idl/TeXtoIDL/ which says "can't set
guest privleges" and doesn't let you in.
Anyone got a clue what I can do? Is it a known bug?