Newbie question (w/colorful points)...

Hi~

I've got a a set of 8192-element 1d arrays that I need to plot.  Each point has
an X & Y value as well as a color (the unique color for each of the 8192 points
is specified with hue, luminance and saturation values). My question is this:
What's the best and/or fastest and/or easiest way to plot these values over a
512x512 2d grid with 24-bit color?  Again, each point has a unique color (and,
if necessary, I can convert the HLS array into RGB)...I just need to end up
with a 512x512 3-plane (RGB) matrix for further processing.  Just started using
IDL, so thanks for any assistance and direction y'all can provide...

~Randy! :)