[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Newbie question (w/colorful points)...
- Subject: Newbie question (w/colorful points)...
- From: randystack(at)aol.com (RandyStack)
- Date: 17 Jan 2001 12:15:41 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: AOL http://www.aol.com
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23010
I've got a a set of 8192-element 1d arrays that I need to plot. Each point has
an X & Y value as well as a color (the unique color for each of the 8192 points
is specified with hue, luminance and saturation values). My question is this:
What's the best and/or fastest and/or easiest way to plot these values over a
512x512 2d grid with 24-bit color? Again, each point has a unique color (and,
if necessary, I can convert the HLS array into RGB)...I just need to end up
with a 512x512 3-plane (RGB) matrix for further processing. Just started using
IDL, so thanks for any assistance and direction y'all can provide...