Lose control of IDL window

I have recently switched from using IDL in a UNIX environment to
Windows2000 (not my choice!). When running a job in the idlde I lose
control of the window while the job is running. I regain control once
the job finishes. By lose control I mean I cannot maximize the window
(if I have minimized from the toolbar), I cannot view output in the
window and I cannot "break" out of the job. If I try to put the cursor
over the idlde window it disappears. An example of job that causes this
problem is:

for i=1L,1000000 do print,'hi'

Has anybody encountered this problem? I have been corresponding with
somebody at RSI but he hasn't come up with any solutions yet.

Regards,

Phil

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/