!p.symsize

Hi,

I thought I would be smart and set the symbol size once instead of typing
it every time.  and I thought I knew just how to do it.  then I found:

SYMSIZE exists as a field in the !P system variable
it has no effect on the symbol size in the plot
it is not in the documentation of !P.

This is in IDL 5.2.1L on Unix.  Do you guys have the same behavior
with your swanky new versions?  Did !p.symsize ever exist as a
standard feature?  Or have my attempts to access it just called it
into (ineffective) existence on my machine, like an ineptly made golem?

thanks,
Mark