Re: Smoking Man

geez... ~18 lurkers + 10 frequent posters = ~28 actual users.

Perhaps if rsi made the price of IDL a little more competitive some of
us lurkers would be able to stop re-implimenting the idl code posted
here in matlab 6!

PS: The myths about matlab requiring tonnes of memory aren't all that
true... I have 128MB or ram on a p3 and i'm doing just fine... Volume
visualization is way better in 6 and te gui is way better than idlde
will ever be!

In article <MPG.14db50309ba12dc0989d3b@news.frii.com>,
  davidf@dfanning.com (David Fanning) wrote:
> JD Smith (jdsmith@astro.cornell.edu) writes:
>
> > David has cast his net with skill and pulled in a fat bounty of
> > lurkers.  For some, the thought of bigger fish, observing silently
from
> > just outside the circle of light, floating through a darkened mist
> > unwitnessed, unheard, weighs heavily upon them.  So where are the
the
> > smoking men, chuckling to themselves, quiet and throaty, in dark
> > windowless rooms?  Sipping cold, stained mugs of coffee in the deep
> > recesses of unknown facilities, judging us with passing and
ambiguous
> > interest.  Manipulating the threads of our enterprise, as a boy
> > redirects the unwavering purposefulness of marching ants along a
blade
> > of grass.  The puppet-master, the illuminatus mirabilis, for whom
our
> > whole culture is but a toy among many, eventually to be discarded.
> > These are the lurkers we fear, yet cannot face.  Show thyself!
>
> 18!? My wife is right. She is *always* right. :-(
>
> Cheers,
>
> David
>
> --
> David Fanning, Ph.D.
> Fanning Software Consulting
> Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: davidf@dfanning.com
> Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
> Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/