[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Hi, My Name is David. And I'm a Lurker
- Subject: Re: Hi, My Name is David. And I'm a Lurker
- From: Frank Eparvier <eparvier(at)colorado.edu>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:44:37 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: LASP, University of Colorado
- References: <MPG.email@example.com>
- Reply-To: eparvier(at)colorado.edu
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23228
David Fanning wrote:
> So I propose a new thread for lurkers only.
> Here's the deal. You don't even have to ask an
> IDL question. Just give us your first name and
> tell us where you live. Throw in the name of your
> dog if you feel like really living dangerously.
> Just a note to let us know you are out there.
I confess. My name is Frank and I've been a user since 1986.
At times my IDL habit is so bad that I have to use it every day.
Of course my synapses are so fried that sometimes I try to start
an IDL session by typing "xidl" (only old users will get that one),
and try to use !HI and !LO to set my plot range (only really, really
old users will remember that).
David, tell your wife that you really do have millions
of admiring IDL-head fans, and we're all coming over to your
house to watch the Super Bowl this Sunday. Better get
extra bean dip! Will David Stern be there?
Now pull that three dollars out of your wallet and go get
a latte. The rest of us are too busy lurking...
p.s. My dog's name is Tess, but she's dead.