[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Formatting output
- Subject: Re: Formatting output
- From: "Richard G. French" <rfrench(at)wellesley.edu>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 23:38:51 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Wellesley College
- References: <3a72052b@news.ColoState.EDU>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23247
Guillaume Dargaud wrote:
> I want to format a string output but can't get it straight. Basically I want
> floats to converts to a string with no space, no decimals and no dots.
> I've tried many ways, here's the latest:
> FOR i = 0, OrbNum-1 DO xtn[i]=STRING( $
> fix(OrbArray[i,6]), FORMAT='(I," ",I,"h",I)')
> But it comes out with spaces...
> Guillaume Dargaud
> Colorado State University - Dept of Atmospheric Science
> "A logician trying to explain logic to a programmer is like a cat trying
> to explain to a fish what it's like to get wet."
Could you type in a typical input 'float' value and the output
you are trying to get from it? Then I am sure we can help you!