CALL_EXTERNAL, VC++, ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND

Hi there,

to learn how to use dlls I used the IDL example code for simple_vars. But
instead of using nmake, I wanted to move the compilation process inside
Visual C++ (with nmake everything works fine).

So I built a dll frame with the wizard and included stdio.h and export.h in
StdAfx.h, and linked to idl32.h
I also moved the function definition:
int IDL_STDCALL simple_vars(int argc,void* argv[])
{
snip
}
as is into my .cpp file, and the function declaration in the header file.

Everything compiles and links fine, but I get the following eror after
calling simple_vars from idl54:

% CALL_EXTERNAL: Error loading sharable executable.
                 Symbol: simple_vars, File =
C:/users/joern/ccode/idl/MyExternal/DEBUG/MyExternal
                 ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND
% Error occurred at:  SIMPLE_VARS        62
C:\users\joern\Ccode\Idl\MyExternal\simple_vars.pro
%                     $MAIN$

What the hexter does that mean?

Thanks, joern