[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: CALL_EXTERNAL, VC++, ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND
- Subject: Re: CALL_EXTERNAL, VC++, ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND
- From: ronn kling <ronn(at)rlkling.com>
- Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 19:51:25 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: EarthLink Inc. -- http://www.EarthLink.net
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23263
in article email@example.com, isojoern at
firstname.lastname@example.org wrote on 1/28/01 1:47 AM:
> Hi there,
> to learn how to use dlls I used the IDL example code for simple_vars. But
> instead of using nmake, I wanted to move the compilation process inside
> Visual C++ (with nmake everything works fine).
> So I built a dll frame with the wizard and included stdio.h and export.h in
> StdAfx.h, and linked to idl32.h
First let me recommend that you go straight to using DLM's and skip
call_external. You will be much happier with the results.
Now, you really meant idl32.lib not idl32.h, right? Assuming that is correct
did you include the call_examples.def file in the project? I avoid using
call_external so I don't know if you also need to have an export file, but
that might be a problem also.
If you want to get a really good book on calling C from IDL using DLM's go
to http:\\www.rkling.com and click the link to "Books on IDL" at the top of
the page;) Of course, I am biased on the book but I have received a ton of
positive comments on it!
Ronn Kling Consulting
"Application Development with IDL" programming book updated for IDL5.4!
"Calling C from IDL, Using DLM's to extend your IDL code" NEW BOOK!
Shareware and Freeware at: http://www.rlkling.com/