Re: CALL_EXTERNAL, VC++, ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND

in article t77g9p9h61ii48@corp.supernews.com, isojoern at
isojoern@linkline.com wrote on 1/28/01 1:47 AM:

> Hi there,
>
> to learn how to use dlls I used the IDL example code for simple_vars. But
> instead of using nmake, I wanted to move the compilation process inside
> Visual C++ (with nmake everything works fine).
>
> So I built a dll frame with the wizard and included stdio.h and export.h in
> StdAfx.h, and linked to idl32.h
Joern,

First let me recommend that you go straight to using DLM's and skip
call_external. You will be much happier with the results.

Now, you really meant idl32.lib not idl32.h, right? Assuming that is correct
did you include the call_examples.def file in the project? I avoid using
call_external so I don't know if you also need to have an export file, but
that might be a problem also.

If you want to get a really good book on calling C from IDL using DLM's go
to http:\\www.rkling.com and click the link to "Books on IDL" at the top of
the page;) Of course, I am biased on the book but I have received a ton of
positive comments on it!

-Ronn

--
Ronn Kling