Re: Hi, My Name is David. And I'm a Lurker

Thomas, Albuquerque, New Mexico -

	What if you've known about the newsgroup for some time, but only chose today
to actually check it out for the first time?  Lurker?  Or perhaps some other
term not fit for mixed company?

	I've programmed with IDL for ~6 years...

	And to what address should we send the $$$s for the 'latte'? ;)

-------------------------------
Dr. Thomas A. Spencer
Senior Nuclear Engineer
Air Force Research Laboratory
-------------------------------

<<

Folks,

Craig's wonderful parody the other day of what most
of the regulars would say to a recent question, and
today's talk of lurkers has got me thinking. Are there
really only 10 of us paying any attention to this
newsgroup?

It occurs to me that if that really was the case
that you guys ought to be getting tired of the
same lame jokes I use all the time. :-)

And if my wife is right and I really don't have
the "huge following" I often profess to her when
I am trying to justify no income after 10 hours
parked in front of a computer, then I might even
be encouraged to go get a real life.

So I propose a new thread for lurkers only.

Here's the deal. You don't even have to ask an
IDL question. Just give us your first name and
tell us where you live. Throw in the name of your
dog if you feel like really living dangerously.
Just a note to let us know you are out there.

There will be two enormous benefits from this
thread. Those of us who do spend quite a bit
of time answering questions here can take
great satisfaction and three bucks and get
a latte at Starbucks. And people who hit that
SEND button will discover that your fingers
don't fall off, nor are you electrocuted when
you do it. So a big Win/Win for everyone. :-)

What do you say? Anyone out there? Only people
who have never posted, or posted no more than
once in the past 3 months, please.