[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: IDL employment in Front Range
You don't need no stinkin' "Front Range"!
We've got a great position to be filled here in beautiful
Monterey, CA (see below). The area around Boulder
is beautiful also, but Monterey is paradise...
The position description below doesn't specifically mention
IDL (because it was chopped apart by some bureaucrat), but
we use IDL extensively...
---------------------------------- cut here -----------------------------------
If interested in this position, please e-mail a resume to
GSA SUPPORT FOR THE SATELLITE DATA TEAM AT
FLEET NUMERICAL METEOROLOGY AND OCEANOGRAPHY CENTER (FNMOC)
Description of Duties:
1. Provide programming support for the DMSP SSMIS Satellite Project.
The programming support includes:
a. Install and test software delivered by Aerojet on FNMOC
b. Examine and validate software output to ensure that it
performs correctly as designed.
c. Ensure that the software performs efficiently and meets
d. Develop additional software as required in order to
integrate the SSMIS processing software with existing
systems and FNMOC operational procedures.
e. Develop necessary scripts and/or interface software to
make SSMIS operational as required by OPS.
2. Provide general programming and operational support for other
types of satellite data applications as required. Satellite types
include but are not limited to Geostationary (e.g. GOES, GMS, METEOSAT,
INDSAT), ERS-2, TRMM, QuikScat, and WindSat.
3. Provide general programming support of NPOESS CMIS advisory.
Knowledge and experience required:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Physical
Science discipline (e.g. Physics, Meteorology, Oceanography),
preferably with working experience in remote sensing.
- Extensive experience in designing and developing software under the
UNIX Operating System, writing scripts, and coding in C and Fortran
90 languages (3+ years).
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing software
under network configuration.
- Knowledge and practice of software engineering procedures including
software configuration management.
- Experience in designing software interfaces with data management
systems in scientific applications.
Since this work will potentially be involved with the selection of
future NPOESS contracts, the contractor chosen for this project must
not have a possible conflict of interest with the NPOESS Project.