[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Displaying Medical Images Anonymously
- Subject: Re: Displaying Medical Images Anonymously
- From: Rochelle Hatton <nrh(at)imag.wsahs.nsw.gov.au>
- Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 08:53:55 +1100
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: The University of Sydney, Australia
- References: <yzqO$BAPPpg6oAMY@sghphy.demon.co.uk>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23464
Salem Sassi wrote:
> For a public presentation I need to display medical images (DICOM
> format) of patients anonymously. All medical images show the patient's
> name on them for identification as a default, but for the purposes of
> this presentation I would like to display these images without showing
> the patient's name on the images. Can any one help me with doing this?
> Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
> Salem Sassi
Although I don't know any way in IDL to do this, there are freeware
DICOM readers that can. To start, try Chris Rorden's mricro,
which has an anonymiser function.
ALternatively, you may find something else from http://www.dclunie.com/medical-image-faq/html/part8.html
Defunctus adhuc loquitur
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Ultrasound