IDL console mode on Windows (was Re: Hi, My Name is David. And I'm a Lurker)

"Dick Jackson" <dick@d-jackson.com> wrote in message
0BFg6.325$nD5.5267@read1">news:0BFg6.325$nD5.5267@read1...
> Hi,
>
> I've been using IDL and reading The Group for about eight years, but I've
> obviously got behind on my reading over the last two weeks!
>
> I put in the occasional posting here and there, usually to nag yet again
if
> anyone would be able and interested to develop a Windows executable
> (employing Callable IDL, I guess) that acts as a command-line IDL process.

I know of a company whose developers could do that. They're in Boulder and
they're called...what was it?...O I know!...Research Systems Inc (or
Kodak...something like that anyway).

Perhaps if we all just hold our breath until we turn blue and kick our feet
wildly, we'll get results. Here I go...

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield@niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research