calling C++ from IDL - throwing exceptions

I'm planning to use IDL as a front end for a C++ dll with call_external.
However I couldn't find any way of handling in IDL an exception thrown
from the C++ code.
I was wondering if anyone have an idea about it (also if to confirm
that it's impossible!) or if the DLM way would work better.
However, I've no real idea about what DLM is and I found really little
clue on it in the RSI documentation.
cheers

                                         Ugo Di Girolamo

Sent via Deja.com