[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: problems with EMF file format
- Subject: Re: problems with EMF file format
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:38:25 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23535
Luis Alonso writes:
> The problems comes if i try to erase those files, i got the error: sharing
> error. The file is being used by other program.
> The other program can only be IDL. So, what's going on? I do the device,
> /close and everything (otherwishe i wouldn't be able to open the file with
> the visualization program).
I'm guessing here, but I think this problem can be
caused by closing a file that is opened with GET_LUN
with the CLOSE command, rather than by closing the
file and freeing the logical unit number with FREE_LUN.
(Note: FREE_LUN performs *both* actions. There is no
need to use CLOSE with it.)
Other programs must be checking for attached logical
unit numbers is what I am thinking.
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155