How to generate thumbnail for eps image?

I have a user who is using a Mac (MacOS 9.0) and IDL 5.2.  He is
generating an image in EPS (encapsulated postscript) for inclusion in a
PowerPoint presentation.  He can write the eps file okay.  The problem
he asked me about is how to write a thumbnail image with the eps file.
PowerPoint gives him the message "EPS image was not saved with a preview
(PICT or TIFF)".

I'm not sure if this is a PowerPoint or IDL question, but if it's
something IDL can do, could you let me know?  Thanks.