[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: VRML file importer?
- Subject: Re: VRML file importer?
- From: ronn kling <ronn(at)rlkling.com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 02:34:54 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: EarthLink Inc. -- http://www.EarthLink.net
- References: <email@example.com>
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23558
in article firstname.lastname@example.org, Rick Towler at
email@example.com wrote on 2/16/01 3:15 PM:
> This is a little off the wall but has anybody written or know about an IDL
> routine to IMPORT vrml, .3ds, or any other "standard" 3d file format? My
> guess is that something exists somewhere since RSI imported the geometry for
> the teapot that is in one of the demos. Now if they would share it......
> Or conversely, does anyone know of a free 3d modeling package that outputs
> files in .ase (the 3ds max ASCII file format). I have found a C routine to
> import .ase files that I could wrangle into a dlm. The object is to find a
> good free modeling package and a tool to import the vertex, connectivity,
> color and texmap info into IDL.
What about the DXF file format? You have to create an object to read the
files but there is an example in the examples/object directory.
Also, if you go to http://www.cyberware.com/support/translators.html you can
download some file translators to change between different formats.
Ronn Kling Consulting
"Application Development with IDL" programming book updated for IDL5.4!
"Calling C from IDL, Using DLM's to extend your IDL code" NEW BOOK!
Shareware and Freeware at: http://www.rlkling.com/